Abrasive & Glass Bead Blasting of Special Architectural Components
As a full service provider of abrasive and glass bead blasting, Aamro provides specialized surface treatments for a wide range of customers and applications. Over the years we have worked on a number of special projects that set us apart from the average job shop. This flexibility and creative use of abrasive blasting processes have allowed us to provide our services to clients such as artists, designers and architects.
These projects are often high profile and very specialized, requiring stringent quality and attention to detail. Some examples include the Harry Caray statue shown here. We provided abrasive blasting to remove casting scale prior to its finishing and installation at Wrigley Field. We've worked with a number of local artists developing surface treatments for their sculptures and other installations. We provided glass bead blasted for the stainless steel panels installed in a high end retail store on Michigan Avenue, as well as the façade for the US Railroad Board Federal Building on Rush Street. We have helped with restoration projects at many architecturally significant buildings - from the refinishing of railings and radiators to the restoration of lighting and hardware components.
To learn how Aamro can help you with your next finishing project, contact us directly.
Highlights of these Abrasive & Glass Bead Blast Projects
- Abrasive & Glass Bead Blast Capabilities Applied/Processes
Abrasive Blast / Glass Bead Blast
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Product Length: Up to 30 feet
- Material Cleaned
- Steel and Stainless Steel
Weldments, sheet forms, castings, vintage lamp posts and other architectural components
- Material Finish
- Apply a glass bead finish to stainless steel, remove paint and rust, surface prep prior to plating or painting, apply a frosted finish to plastic sheets, remove scale from bronze castings, and burnish decorative bronze castings and component parts.
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Restoration, Architecture, Design, Fine Arts
- One time to repeated volume
- Delivery Location
- Broadview, Illinois
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name
- Special Projects