Abrasive Blasting of Vintage Cars
An automotive restoration customer needed a company with the expertise to provide the specialized surface finishing required for the classic restorations shown here. Aamro was proud to take on the challenge, utilizing an abrasive blasting process to remove the surface contaminants, paint, and rust down to bare metal on the frame, wheel rims, bumpers, and fenders. Masking was applied to specific areas for protection. Careful handling was the key to this project, as bodies and frames of antique vehicles can easily be damaged. Using the proper materials, as well as our developed process parameters, ensured no damage was done to the cars.
We work with a number of highly recognized car restoration companies and serious hobbyists to prepare their classic cars for painting and their car parts for plating. We can blast a variety of auto parts, and products sized up to 30' long and weighing 5000 pounds.
From classic American muscle cars to Bentleys and Ferraris, Aamro is committed to quality and fine craftsmanship. For more details about this vintage car project or information about our other services, please see the table below or contact us directly.
Highlights of this Vintage Car Abrasive Blasting Project
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Capable Dimensions
- Product Length: Up to 30 feet
Product Width: Up to 10 feet
Weight limit: 2 tons
- Additional Facts
- Blasting old and vintage cars requires careful handling and expertise. The frames and bodies can be easily damaged. Good process parameters and the use of appropriate materials can insure that damage is not done.
- Material Type
- Steel or aluminum car body or frame, wheel rims, bumpers, fenders
- Material Finish Requirements
- To remove paint, rust and other surface contaminants down to base metal.
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Visual Inspections
- Industry for Use
- Automotive Restoration
- Delivery Location
- Broadview, Illinois
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Abrasive Blast / Glass Bead Blast